Version 2.11 has a bunch of cool features, including:
- No harvest button on mature males, eliminating an old tricky challenge (not harvesting your boys) that has vexed growers for a long time. When you're clicking down a long line of plants to harvest, you will no longer risk whacking your studs!
- Corrections/revisions to the Stats display of growth rates. "Chat spam" has been reduced for indoor/outdoor plants not grown under lights.
- A fix to the dreaded "negative time remaining" bug, as well as a little rules change that a lot of growers are going to like. Now, when you take a flowering plant into inventory, the system will not count down actual time but simply "charge" 3 hours against the time remaining for that plant.
- A random texture-flipping animation at each growth cycle to add more visual phun to your pharm. (This was a V1.420 feature that didn't make the trip to the original V2 plants.)
- An expanded HUD menu to let you configure whole groups of plants to use Standard or Liquid Plant food with one click.
- One-click HUD activation on plants. Once you set up the password, the plant is listening for the HUD. No need to click Advanced > HUD On twice!
- A unique ID code is now shown in Stats for every plant, along with some "security" tools to help us track down "clones" that some growers produce by exploiting glitches in the SL environment. This is our first step to creating a much richer and useful web-based system for growers, too. Right now, it's not the most visible feature of the upgrade, but rest assured it means more cool things in the future!
What about Version 1 Compatibility?This has been the $64,000L question since we announced that this upgrade would break back compatibility with Version 1 males. Simply put, Version 2.11 females will not breed with Version 1 males. Period. However, your Version 2.10 plants are 100% compatible with the new version, and they will breed with Version 1 males.
Remember also that when you use the Update Transmogrifier on a plant, it does not update the scripts or data for that individual plant, but rather updates the plant's reproductive system so that its offspring will be the new version. So, you can update your existing Version 2.10 stock using a Transmogrifier (so the plants' ovules are version 2.11), yet still breed that 2.10 parent with a V1 male.
Also, only female plants make babies, so there isn't any reason to upgrade males (unless you are offering them for auction at CannabiSL Central - see below).
Rather than turning some nonexistent switch and kill everyone's V1 plants, June 30 marks the point from which all future releases will be incompatible with V1 males, and the CannabiSL Team will no long provide support for V1 plants. Everybody has had over two months now to breed their V1 LEs forward.
All plants offered for auction beginning on July 3 must be upgraded. (Yes, we realize males don't have to be upgraded, but for consistency we ask that males offered at auctions are upgraded, same as females.) This does not mean that the plant itself has to be Version 2.11 but that the ovule inside it must be the upgraded version. Thanks for your support on this!