WHAT IS ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ?

ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ is a breedable cannabis product in the Second Life virtual world.  Seeds (first generation), seed bricks (offspring generations), or plants may be purchased at the ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ store or from other breeders in-world.  Like real life cannabis plants, ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ plants have males and females, and new seeds (bricks) are produced by cross-breeding them. Over 200 varieties have been released, each with unique "genetics" such as foliage texture and tint, special effects (sounds and particle effects), size, brightness and glow, potency, and growth rate. Crossing different varieties yields offspring with unique genetic combinations. Growers routinely trade, buy and sell, and participate in auctions.

This is a basic guide to growing and breeding ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ, written for the most recent version. Not all menu options are available in older versions that may be encountered "in the wild."

[This guide is for Version 4.19.9 and higher plants, and it's broadly applicable to Version 3 and 4 plants in general. The Version 2.11 and the Version 1.420 Growers Guides are still available if you're working with "heirloom" plants.]


When you click on a ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ seed or plant that you own, you'll see the Owner (Main) Menu, which contains the most commonly used commands. One option is to display the Advanced Menu, which contains less frequently used functions. When you click on a seed or plant that you don't own, you'll see the Guest Menu, which lets you see Stats and Parents stats for that plant.

All menus have a Cancel button. This closes the plant's menu "listener," which helps keep down lag. Use Cancel instead of the common "Ignore" button to close menus.

Some buttons "toggle," depending on the plant's growth stage or the current setting of that option. Where buttons toggle, they're indicated with a slash / in the listing below. This can tell you at a glance what the plant's current settings are; for example, if the menu shows Standard Food, that means the plant is set for Liquid Food.

When a button's function is not available, a dash - is displayed for that button. For example, a Generation 1 plant doesn't have parents stats to display, so the button shows a dash. Clicking an inactive button is the same as clicking Cancel.

Owner Menu
  • Help - displays the Help submenu, which provides links to this manual, the user group, the Facebook page, and a "myGrow" listing of your currently active plants.
  • Advanced - displays the Advanced Menu.
  • Cancel 
  • Stats - displays the plant's full stats in local chat.
  • Parents - displays the plant's parents stats. (Not available in Generation 1 plants.)
  • Rename * - displays a box for entering a new name for the plant.
  • Feed/SE Lock - feeds the plant (8 cycles or 12 hours). For mature Special Edition plants version 4.19.903 and up, the "SE Lock" removes SE mutation capabilities, "locking" the foliage (not usually recommended).
  • Std Food/Liq Food * - toggles the plant for using standard Plant Food Spikes or Liquid Plant Food.
  • Auxin - causes plant to search for Plant Auxin in range. Only displayed in vegetative plants that haven't already been dosed with Auxin.
  • Germinate/Pause/Resume/Harvest - controls basic plant growth.
    • Germinate - starts growth of a new seed or seed brick.
    • Pause/Resume - suspends or resumes growth for plants in the Flowering stage.
    • Harvest - triggers females to scan for males and produce seed bricks or sensemilla. (This button does not appear for males.)
  • Banner - turns hovertext stats display on and off.
  • Hud On/Hud Off *- toggles the plant for HUD control.

Advanced Menu
  • Main Menu - returns to the Owner Menu.
  • Grouping - displays the HUD Grouping submenu, used to assign plants to specific HUD control groups. (4.19.903 and higher)
  • Cancel
  • Phantom/Solid * - toggles between phantom (walk-through) and solid plant objects.
  • Decor - removes scripts and converts the plant to non-functional decor. (Only available in flowering or "spent" plants.)
  • Update - updates the plants offspring scripts if an Update Transmogrifier is present.
  • KeepAlive/AutoClose - toggles menu behavior between reopening after certain operatons or closing every time a command is clicked. (Functions that can keep the menu alive are marked here with an asterisk * ).
  • FX On/FX Off  * - toggles any special effects on or off for flowering plants.
  • Public/Private * - toggles local chat display so it can be seen by everyone or just the owner. This also turns Stats and Parents options off on the Guest Menu.
  • Compact/Normal * - toggles between the full hovertext stats display or a shorter version.
  • ColorCode/WhiteText * - toggles between plain white and colored hovertext (pink for females and blue for males).
  • Special > - Opens the Special Submenu which has plant-side toggle switches for:
    • AutoPause - toggles configuration of plant to pause itself at the highest maturity before flowering (generally 90-99% maturity). 
    • PassGroup - toggles inheritance of HUD group assignment. (4.19.905 and higher)


Using the ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ HUD makes it easier to manage even a small number of plants. The Version 4.2018 HUD includes controls that will work with any Version 4.0 or higher plant, as well as functions exclusive to Version 4.19.903 and higher plants.

To set up a plant so it can be controlled by the HUD, simply click HUD On in the plant's Owner Menu. If desired, click the plant's Advanced Menu, then Grouping, and select a HUD control group. (For plants Version 4.19.902 and below, use the "Not Set" Group option on the HUD.)

Then wear the HUD, select the appropriate HUD group, and click the control buttons (Basic Menu, Advanced Menu, Logo) to access menus. Additionally, two functions can be assigned to two customizable buttons.

For more info, check out the HUD Manual Page.


ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ provides an update function to help you keep your breeding stock up-to-date. Please be aware that the update process does not change the current plant but sets it up so that the plant's offspring will have the latest scripts and features. Because females produce the offspring seed bricks, it is only necessary to update females.

When an update is ready, announcements will be made in the ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ Growers & Breeders Group as well as on this website.  First, check the version number of your plants (it's the next-to-last line in Stats output); you may already have the latest scripts!

A standalone ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ Update Transmogrifier (CSLUT) is no longer necessary for updating Version 4 plants. The Version 4.2018 HUD functions as a plant updater.

Simply wear the HUD. If it is not the latest HUD version, it will check and request a copy of the most recent version. Once you are wearing the latest and greatest, click the center (pot leaf) icon to expand the HUD interface, and then click the "HUD Menu" button on the far right side of the HUD. The plant update contained by the HUD is displayed on the menu.

To update your plants:
  1. Click the "CSLUT On" button in the HUD Menu to activate it. (There will be a message in local chat, and the center HUD icon will turn red.)
  2. Click "Update" in the Advanced Menu on the plant. Messages in local chat will tell you when the update process is complete. Your plant now has the latest scripts to give to its babies!
  3. When you are done updating, click the HUD Menu again and select "CSLUT Off." The center icon will turn green again.
Version 4.19.902 and higher plants can be bulk updated using the HUD. To use bulk updating, plants must be set up with HUD On. Trigger the update with the HUD instead of the plant menu. (The Update button is in the HUD Advanced menu and is only visible when the HUD is set to "CSLUT On.")

To verify the update status of a plant, right-click on the plant and select "Edit" mode. Navigate to the Content tab of the edit window and locate the "ovule." Right-click on the ovule in the plant's content listing and select Properties. The version that will be passed to the plant's offspring will show as the ovule's description.

Pro Tip: Occasionally, a SL communication problem will occur during harvesting and an offspring plant or brick will not have an ovule. Usually, running an update on the brick or plant will fix this problem, even if you've seen a script error or received a warning from the plant itself.

Special Note: Version 2 and 3 plants should not be updated directly using a Version 4 Transmogrifier. Instead, a two-generation process using a "Bridge" Transmogrifier is needed. See instructions with the Bridge Transmogrifier at our in-world store, and be sure to read this page.



So you have obtained some seeds... To start a new ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ seed or seed brick, rez it where you want the plant to grow. The seed is very small, so use the hovertext as a guide and zoom in close.

Click on the plant to display the Main Menu and click Germinate. The Germinate button will then change into Pause/Resume. Some SL sparkles may appear as the seed determines its gender and converts into a tiny plant. The Stats will change as well.

(You can toggle the hovertext Stats display on and off using Banner in the Advanced Menu. Use the Compact/Normal button to change the amount of information displayed in the hovertext, and ColorCode/WhiteText controls the color of the hovertext, pink for females and blue for males.)

The plant is now in its vegetative stage. Growth occurs in 90 minute intervals. The amount of growth per cycle depends on the variety of plant and whether it is fed.

If the plant is an indoor variety, it must be within three meters of a ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ Grow-Lite. Indoor/outdoor varieties that are placed within three meters of a Grow-Lite grow at an additional 2% per growth cycle.  Lights don't affect outdoor plants.

If you need to move or reposition plants during the vegetative stage, click Pause in the Main Menu to make them dormant. After you move the plant, click Resume to restart growth. If you forget and move a plant without pausing it first, go through a Pause/Resume cycle as soon as possible. This ensures normal growth and reduces the possibility of problems during breeding. (Obviously Pause/Resume can be used to "time" your plants' growth for breeding purposes. Plants that are paused do not respond to HUD commands, which helps you avoid overfeeding them, too.)


You do not have to feed CannabiSL plants. Unfed plants grow one percent (1%) per growth cycle, regardless of their genetic potential growth rate. If fed, plants increase in size by the amount specified in Stats.

Feeding options include the standard Plant Food Spikes and the refillable ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ Liquid Plant Food system. By default, Plant Food Spikes are used. Click Liq Food on the menu to switch the plant to Liquid Plant Food. Use the Feed button on the Main Menu to feed plants. Each feeding lasts eight growth cycles (approximately 12 hours). But be careful -- overfed plants will skip a growth cycle!

For comparison:

    Standard Plant Food Spikes - Range is 1.5 meters. Spikes last 48 hours.
    Liquid Plant Food - Range is 3.0 meters. Refills last 100 hours.

Refer to the Feeding Plants page for more information.

Plant Auxin is a growth enhancer that can give a plant a one-time 25% growth boost at its next growth cycle. One-seed females may morph to multi-seed yields.. Plant Auxin comes in singe-use vials, and a plant can only be dosed once.


When ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ plants reach 100% maturity, they enter the flowering stage. The number of seed or sensi bricks the plant will produce is displayed as Yield in Stats of females.  At this time, the Harvest button will replace Pause/Resume in the Main Menu for females. Males do not have a Harvest button.

Although you can't Pause a flowering plant, you can take them into Inventory (sort of like cryogenic storage). However, each cycle in and out of inventory will reduce the plant's remaining time by 30 hours.

Once a plant is flowering, it lives for 100 cycles (a little more than six days). Females may be harvested at any time once they are flowering. Males may be used for breeding for the entire flowering phase.

In order to breed, a flowering male must be within three meters of the female you want to harvest. Click Harvest in the Main Menu of the female. If a male is detected, a seed brick will appear near the mother plant. If a male isn't detected in range, the female plant will produce a sensemilla brick which dispenses animated joints or other goodies.

If the female is capable of producing any additional seeds, the Stats will indicate the change, and the plant may be harvested again. Otherwise, the female will delete itself approximately 45 seconds after harvest.

You can use the Decor button in the Advanced Menu to convert used-up plants to decor items, if desired. You have 45 seconds to do this. (Tip: If you toggle the Banner off, the decor plant will show the hovertext; if you toggle the Banner on, the decor plant will not have hovertext.) Move quickly, because the 45 second window is approximate!

IMPORTANT: ḈḁṇṇḁḇḭṦḼ females use a scripted sensor to detect males for breeding. Second Life limits sensors to 16 objects per scan. If there are more than 15 other objects (all prims count) within three meters of the female, it may fail to detect a male. Remember, scans run in all directions, so look all around the female when counting plants and don't just look between the female and male.


Use Public in the Advanced Menu to enable Stats and Parents buttons in the Guest Menu for sales, auctions, etc.

Stats displays a full listing of the plants genetic traits in local chat. A subset of these stats appears as hovertext over the plant; use the Banner and Compact/Normal buttons to control the amount of hovertext info or to turn the display on and off.

The Parents button appears in menus only for plants beyond the first generation. Parents stats output shows the "raw" numeric values instead of the text labels used in hover text and plant Stats output. Parents' stats output has this format:

Mom: strain, potency, growth rate, lighting, width, bright, height
Dad: strain, potency, growth rate, lighting, width, bright, height

  • Foliage is the name of the basic texture graphic of the plant (also the strain name).
  • Effect is the name of the particle effect (FX) and/or sounds the plant displays when mature.
  • Potency and Growth Rate range from 0.0 (very low/very slow) to 4.0 (very high/very fast).
    • Ultra growth rate means the plant has mutated to double the usual growth rate.
    • Extreme growth rate means the plant has a growth rate value of 5.0 or greater.
    • Superweed potency means the plant has a potency value of 5.0 or greater.
  • Lighting is a three point scale where 0 is indoor, 1 is indoor/outdoor, and 2 is outdoor.
  • Width and height are in Linden meters.
  • Bright ranges from 0.0 to 1.0, where any value 0.5 or higher displays as full bright.
  • Glow ranges from 1% to 4% and represents additional brightness levels.
  • Tint is the name of a color that underlies the basic foliage of the plant. ("None" means normal white tint.)
Basic Inheritance

Offspring values for potency, growth rate, lighting, width and height, brightness, and glow are calculated by averaging the parents' (male and female) values for each trait. These calculated genetic values can be modified by odds-based mutations. The foliage and effect of the offspring plant are odds-based.


When a seed is germinated, certain characteristics and traits are randomly calculated, and new values may be substituted for those determined by basic inheritance. This introduces variability in the offspring. The most basic of these is the plant's gender; for Version 4.19.9 and higher plants, the odds of getting a male are one in 12 (8.5%).  Older versions have one in 8 odds (12.5%) of getting males.

Other odds-based mutations that may occur at germination include:
  • Yield - female plants determine how many seeds they will produce:
    • one seed - 85%
    • two seeds - 10%
    • three seeds - 5% 
  • Full bright (1.0 value)  - one in four (25%)
  • Dwarf size, 60% of normal height and width - one in 50 (2%)
  • Giant size, 125% of normal height and width - one in 50 (2%)
  • Glow, increases value by 1% to a maximum of 4% - one in 5 (20%)
  • Ultra, doubles growth rate - one in 100 (1%)
  • Superweed, doubles potency - one in 100 (1%)

Odds-Based Inheritance

Additionally, some other odds-based genetics calculations occur during harvesting, before the seed is actually germinated. These include selection of foliage, tint, and FX.
  • Foliage - a hybrid plant may have parents from different strains. While only one foliage is displayed, the plant has a record of its parents' basic strains. The foliage that a plant displays is the plant's dominant foliage, while the one it doesn't display is its recessive foliage. Offspring may inherit either of its parents' dominant or recessive foliage graphics, according to the following odds:
    • Mom's dominant foliage - 64%
    • Mom's recessive foliage - 16%
    • Dad's dominant foliage - 16%
    • Dad's recessive foliage  - 4%
These are additive, so first generation plants (or multi-generation purebreds) have a 20% chance of inheriting their father's foliage and an 80% chance of inheriting their mother's foliage.
  • Tint - one in 5 (20%) chance of inheriting father's tint, 80% chance of mother's tint.
  • Effects - one in 4 (25%) chance of inheriting the father's FX, 75% chance of mother's FX.

No comments:

Post a Comment